EcoDomus, the leading provider of Lifecycle BIM software, is releasing a free version of its EcoDomus PM online software application called EcoDomus COBie Basic, which will help design and construction teams simplify the COBie deliverable process.
The EcoDomus COBie Basic software functionality enables:
• Data export from Autodesk Revit to a secure online database
• Online data entry and editing for all COBie entities (“worksheets”)
• Uploading and attaching documents to BIM objects
• Import and export of COBie Excel files
COBie (Construction Operations Building Information Exchange) is an industry specification for the collection and delivery of facility lifecycle information. It provides a methodology for design and construction teams to efficiently capture and transition critical lifecycle data at closeout directly into systems that manage the operational phase of a facility. More information on COBie can be found at http://www.buildingsmartalliance.org/.
The list of Owners requesting COBie is increasing, and it currently includes prominent public organizations such as the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as private organizations such as Kaiser Permanente and the University of Southern California. Even if an Owner has not specifically requested COBie, EcoDomus COBie Basic provides design and construction teams with a tool to deliver a better data deliverable at project closeout.
• Improve collaboration among project stakeholders with online access to COBie database
• Reduce errors and omissions associated with managing COBie data with disparate Excel files or software applications
• Leverage project resources efficiently to capture COBie data throughout the entire project